It’s not only moving that creates new starting points. Sometimes all it takes is a subtle shift in perspective, an opening of the mind, an intentional pause and reset, or a new route to start to see new options and new possibilities.” Kirstin Armstrong
A mind open and eager to learn and create, a mind equipped to tackle any limiting thoughts that may have surfaced in my mind over the past few months, a mind renewed with energy for what is possible instead of for what is standing in my way. It was time for my semi-annual John Maxwell Team Think Tank and Mentorship Training. It was time to intentionally refuel my beginner’s mind.
When was the last time you intentionally packed your clothes and boarded a plane to intentionally open your mind to NEW BEGINNINGS?
- New relationships
- New alignments
- New assignments
- New challenges
- New opportunities
- New teaching
- New confusion
- New learning
- New perspective
- New levels of connection
- New ideas
What shifts did you experience that last time you reset your routine?
For the past 5 days I have been unplugged from my routine and intentionally creating NEW BEGINNINGS. The days have been full of New Beginnings and now its time for this mind to PAUSE, REFLECT, and RESET to amplify the power of this experience.
- PAUSE – Allow growth to catch up.
- REFLECT – Turn experiences into insights
Reflection will do very little good unless you are intentional in your thinking time, intentionally asking yourself tough questions like:
- What is my biggest asset / strength?
- What is my biggest liability?
- What is my highest high?
- What is my lowest low?
- What am I willing to do differently?
- What is my most worthwhile emotion?
- What is my least worthwhile emotion?
- What is my best habit?
- What is my worst habit?
- Who can I serve?
- What is most fulfilling to me?
- What do I prize most highly?
- What did I learn?
- What do I want more?
- What price am I willing to pay?
- Who do I know who can help?
- What new ideas come to mind?
- What is adjusts will you make in your plan moving forward?
- What is your FIRST next step?
- RESET – Modify the plan to WIN with a NEW BEGINNING.
Be willing to punt the plan completely while holding the VISION for your best you with a firm grip.
After my first John Maxwell Team (JMT) Certification experience in August 2011, I spent an additional week in REFLECTION. From that intentional NEW BEGINNING a detailed VISION for my company was birthed. Soaking in the JMT Culture twice a year has become one of my key strategies for creating a beginner’s mind.
What are you Intentional about?
“You’ve got to get to the stage in life where going for it
is more important than winning or losing.”